If you have an Android phone and use the internet extensively, even for small queries, you probably know a browser’s importance. Today in this article, you will learn how to change default browser on Android in a few steps. If you are facing a cache issue, read our guide on how to clear cache on Google Chrome.
We become obsessed with the internet in the digital world, and having a good browser significantly reduces burdens. Downloading a web browser is not that tough nut to crack; you can download directly from Play Store. But we certainly have some preferences which we want to use regularly for seamlessly surfing.
How many Browsers are there in Android?
You are probably aware of a few android browsers, including the most popular Google Chrome, which almost acquires 63% of the market share, according to the StatCounter website. But let me tell you that there are approximately 120+ android browsers, and some of them offer private browsing systems like Brave browser.
However, the above data is structured based on the Worldwide users and browsers all over the devices, including desktop, mobile, Mac, etc. You can see that other popular browsers are Safari (most on Apple devices), Firefox, Edge.
The most popular browsers on Android are as follows:
How to Change default browser on Android?
You can easily set a browser to default browser either you use Chrome or another browser. You can download any browser from the Google Play Store. Follow the below steps carefully, especially if you have multiple browsers.
- Step1: Go to the Setting of your Android device (whatever you have) and look for Apps & Notifications and click on this tab.
- Step 2: On the next screen, click on the Default Apps. This section includes default apps for messages, contacts, and browsers.
- Step 3: Different default apps appear on your device’s screen. Select and click on Browser App to change the default browser. Similarly, you can change default apps for other systems like SMS and call.
- Step 4: Inside the Browser Apps tab, you can see the various apps you installed and the app which currently works as default. You can change/switch them easily.
It is the simplest method to change default browser on Android. Remember, there may be differences in the items name due to the respective Setting of android devices, but the steps are almost the same in all devices.
Another method to set a default browser
Although the method mentioned above is the most appropriate and universally accepted method, there is another method to perform this task.
- First of all, download any of your favorite browsers from the Google Play store. For example purpose, I am downloading XBrowser.
- After installation, open the app on your device.
- Now you have 2 options;
- First, it may ask you to set the browser as the default browser just after clicking on the open button. So, you can make it as the default browser instantly.
- Second, You may need to move to the Setting of the downloaded browser if it’s not asked on the opening of an app.
- Open the app’s Setting (whatever you have downloaded) and look for the general settings. Usually, you can easily find an option to set a browser to default.
- In my example browser, I found it set as default browser option inside the general settings.
- Enable the toggle bar of the set as the default browser, and this particular browser will start working as the default browser.
It is all about changing the default browser on Android, or you can say a short guide on how to set a default browser on Android. This guide is the most basic for android users, but at the same time, it’s very useful, especially if you bought a new android phone.
Moreover, after using it for a while, you may wish to switch to another popular or private browser that you think is more suitable for you. Whatever the reasons, you can follow this guide to change the browser whether you are using any Android smartphone.
If you are struggling to change the default browser on your device, let me know through the comments section; I will be happy to help you.