Do you know how to copy HTML code from a website? By copying HTML code, you can copy a website design or save it as a reference for your website. You can easily copy HTML code of an entire website by following this guide.
In this article, we will learn how to copy HTML code from a website in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers by using different methods. However, I don’t recommend copying and pasting HTML code to your own website without the owner’s permission. This guide is only for educational purposes.
How To Copy Html Code From A Website?
There are several methods to copy HTML code from any website, including inspection elements, page source, site editors, etc. With these methods, you can save HTML code in all browsers, including Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
I’d like to remind you again that you shouldn’t copy and paste HTML code as these are private properties that could only be utilized with prior consent. On the other hand, the HTML files can be copied and saved to discover specific design codes that are embedded.
How To Copy Html Code From A Website Using Inspect Element?
Inspect element is the most effective and reliable method to copy HTML codes which allows copying the code of any specific portion of the website. You just have to use right-click, select inspect option, select the area of HTML code, and copy the code.
- Go to the website or webpage on which you want to copy HTML.
- Perform right-click on the blank area and select Inspect option.
- It splits the screen into two parts; the Original page and the HTML page (right side).
- On the HTML side, Click on the small arrow as shown below screenshot.
- Now, drag the cursor on the original page (left side) and click on the area where you want to copy HTML code.
- When you click on any area, it will get highlighted, and the corresponding HTML code will be displayed on the right side.
- Again, press right-click over the HTML code and click on “Copy Selector” to copy the HTML code of the selected area.
- If you want to copy the entire HTML code of the page, then select “Copy all declaration.“
How To Copy Html Code From A Website Using Page Source?
Page source is another easy way to copy HTML code of any website in just a few mouse clicks. To copy HTML code, go to view page source, select required HTML code, and copy by pressing Ctrl+C.
- Go to a particular website or webpage.
- Perform right-click and select the view page source option.
- You will be taken to the new page, where you can see the complete HTML code of a particular page.
- Copy the entire Coding page except <!DOCTYPE HTML> (copy from <HTML) by pressing Ctrl+C.
- If you only like to replicate a piece of a page, you can select a specific area.
How To Copy Html Code From A Website In Chrome?
Copying the HTML code of a webpage is fairly simple with Chrome. As discussed above, you can copy HTML code in Chrome with inspect element and page source. Chrome doesn’t require any specific method to copy the HTML code.
- Inspect Element- Perform right-click, select inspect, select area, and click on copy selector.
- View Page Source- Perform right-click, select view page source, press Ctrl+C, and copy the entire code.
How To Copy Html Code From A Website In Firefox?
Firefox browser is known for its robust security system and if you are a firefox user, follow the below steps.
- Open a particular website on Firefox.
- Select the Tools button at the top of the menu.
- Scroll down and select Web Developer and then click on the Page Source.
- You can also use the shortcut key to access the page source; Ctrl+Shift+I for Windows and Cmd+Opt+I for Mac.
- Now, you will be on a new page. Perform Ctrl+C or Cmd+C to copy the entire code in one go.
How To Copy Html Code From A Website In Safari?
It is well known that Safari is the first choice of Apple or Mac users. If you own an Apple device, then follow the below steps to easily copy HTML code on Mac, iPhone, or other devices. Also Learn, How to undo and redo on Mac.
- Open the Safari app and navigate to the required web page.
- At the top of the menu bar, Click on the develop button.
- If develop button/tab is not available at the top of the page, make sure it is activated. To launch develop option in the menu, visit the Advance setting, and turn on the develop option at the bottom section by clicking on the checkbox.
- When clicking on the develop button, you will be taken to a new page, and HTML codes are displayed on the screen.
- Select and copy the entire HTML code by pressing Ctrl+C.
Is It Legal To Copy HTML Code From A Website?
Yes. It is legal to copy HTML code from any website BUT copying a code and pasting it to your website is not legal. You can examine the source page, evaluate the coding, and take a lesson from it, but you should never ever try to copy and paste it into your own website.
It is a breach of copyright, and the proprietor has full authority to pursue legal action against you.
It is all about how to copy HTML code from a website in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. You can also implement the above methods to copy HTML code on Mac, iPhone, and Windows in a few clicks. However, I again want to remind you that use this article only for learning purposes.
We have discussed reliable but easy methods to replicate the HTML of any website, including inspection elements, source code, and as well as various methods on different browsers. I hope you like this article and are able to resolve your queries.