To build a direct connection with your readers, there must be subscribed option in the blog. So, how to add subscribe button on WordPress?
If you are a website owner, you might know the importance of email marketing and building an email list. The first step to boosting traffic, increasing revenue, and developing a relationship with the audience is to include a subscribe button.
Why should I have an email subscribe button?
Before we dig more about how to add subscribe button on WordPress, let’s understand why should we have it. If you don’t know, let me tell you that email is the most reliable source of communication tool between you and your readers.
When we talk about the subscribe button, we actually talk about collecting the emails of readers. For example, when you visit the homepage of our website, you can see an area that asks you to fill in your name and email address.
Once you hit the Sign up button, you will be notified each time when we post a new article. This same mechanism work on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts. You just have to hit follow button, and the rest will handle by the “subscription algorithm.”
The website asks to fill out WordPress subscribers form to enable getting daily emails of a particular website. This article explains to you how to add a WordPress subscription form on WordPress or add subscribe button.
How To Add Subscribe Button On WordPress?
In a nutshell, there are two basic methods to add subscribe button in WordPress; In-built features and plugins. I will discuss both, a default feature of WordPress and the best email subscription plugin WordPress to subscription option.
It can be done using a variety of tools, so you don’t need to engage in extensive coding. The subscribe button will be enabled in a few minutes if you simply complete the steps below. Let’s begin.
How to add email subscribe button to WordPress using a widget?
The simplest way (though not much impressive) to integrate subscribe button on the WordPress website is by adding a widget.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on the Appearance tab from the left side section.
- Inside appearance, you can see a widget option, click on this.
- Now, you have the complete list of all widgets available on your WordPress.
- Remember, to have your required “subscribe widget” here, you must have to install it from the plugin directory.
- In our case, we already installed the Mailchimp subscription plugin, which is one of the simplest plugins.
- Just drag and drop the Mailchimp widget (or whatever plugin you have) to the right-side categories like sidebar, footer, etc.
- Finally, save the changes, and let the flow direct traffic to your website.
How To Add Subscribe Button On WordPress Using Plugin?
The alternative to the above default method is to use the WordPress blog subscription plugin. Plugins make it extremely easy for users to get engaged and subscribe to your multiple portfolios.
There are hundreds of WordPress email subscription plugins available for your website, but it depends on the features you really want.
For beginners, I found Mailchimp is work the best. It is easy to install and configure as well and is completed in a few minutes.
Step 1. Install the plugin
The very first step of how to add subscribe button on WordPress is to have the required plugin. To install the Mailchimp plugin, go to your WordPress plugin directory.
Search Mailchimp in the search box, click on the install button, and then activate the plugin. Once activated, this plugin will be added to MC4WP in the dashboard.
Step 2. Get API Key
The second step is to get the API key to activate the subscribe option. Follow the below steps to get the API key of Mailchimp:
- Enter your MailChimp account credentials or create a new account.
- Then click your name in the top menu bar, then select Account.
- Select Extras, then select API keys from the drop-down menu.
- If you have fresh started, click on the create a key button to proceed.
- Next, copy the Mailchimp key that you have just created (see alphanumeric value under the API key tab).
Step 3. Configure the Mailchimp plugin
If you want to add an email subscribe button to your WordPress website, follow this step very carefully. Firstly, you have to paste the previously copied API key.
- Go to the MC4WP section from the WordPress dashboard.
- Select the Mailchimp option.
- Paste the Mailchimp API key in the blank space as shown above.
- If all is done correctly, you can see the green Connected icon.
- Finally, select Save Changes.
- Now, again head back to MC4WP, and this time select form instead of Mailchimp.
- Click on the add new form and give a name to it. In our case, we already have a form1.
- You can edit your form, including the fields (what you collect), message (on inputting data), setting, and appearance.
- How good and impressive your form will be is depend on how creative you are. You can add as many fields you want and whatever message you want to display.
- Once done, click on the Save changes button.
Step 4. Active Mailchimp Widget
Once you are done with the above steps, your Mailchimp subscription button is created and added to widgets. But you still have to activate it and locate it at the proper position.
- Go to the WordPress dashboard again.
- Head to the Appearance section and select the widgets option.
- Under the widgets page, scroll down and look for the Mailchimp widget.
- Drag and drop the Mailchimp widget to your desired location like the left sidebar, right sidebar, footer, header, homepage, etc.
- Congratulations, you have successfully added subscribe button on WordPress.
- Don’t forget to preview the changes to ensure everything is working well.
It is all about how to add subscribe button on WordPress website. In this article, we have discussed two very basic methods to create a subscribe button for a WordPress site. As you see, you don’t require any coding skills to perform this task.
Subscribe button is vital for any WordPress or other sites as it enables visitors to get notified of your latest content. You can easily add an email subscribe button to the site by following the above steps. I hope you love this post, any queries are most welcome.