Every element of the website is a part of expressing your idea to the users. So you need to have a beautiful design with eye-catching fonts and visuals on your website. It will help you communicate better with your audience and gain the audience’s attention.
Fonts are an essential part of web design. So you need to select the best fonts according to the context. But, if you are new in the field and unaware of ‘how to change font in WordPress website,’ don’t worry; in this article, I’m going to share a step-by-step guide on how you can change the font in WordPress website. But, before we go into that, let’s see, Why you need to change the Font in WordPress?
Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
Why do you need to change Font in WordPress?
Fonts represent messages. In verbal communication, the tone of voice (How do you tell the message?) It makes the difference, and In a website, fonts are the way to express your message to the viewers. Different fonts are used for different types of messages.
In addition, using different styles of fonts in different ways makes webpage attractive. You can combine two or more font styles to make the page appealing to the audience. Good fonts Hierarchy helps to communicate your message.
I hope you understand how a font can make a difference and how it is an essential part of your web design. Now let’s see how you can change the font in your WordPress website.
- Read Also – How to Edit the Footer in WordPress?
How to change the font in the WordPress theme?
If you used a WordPress theme to build your website, then there are two options to change the font of your website. There are two types of WordPress themes, one which allows you to change the font and the other one are not.
But in this article, I will tell you how you can change the font in both types of themes. Let’s go through it:
1. How to change the font in WordPress customize?
- Login to the admin panel in WordPress.
- Go to customize.
- Click on global(If you can’t find this option means your themes are not allowing you to change the font, don’t worry checkout option in this article to change the font).
- Click typography.
- If you want to change the font of your content, select base typography.
- And if you’re going to change the font of your heading select heading.
- After that, find a suitable font for your website from the list.
- Then, click on publish to change the font.
If you go to the website and hit refresh, you will see the changes.
As I mentioned earlier, if your WordPress is not giving default settings to change the font, you can still change the font using plugins. Even if your website provides a default with the option to change the font, you can still install the plugins for more font varieties.
2. How to change the font using plugins?
Whether your WordPress theme has a default option of changing the font or not, you can change the font using this method. For that, you have to install plugins on your WordPress admin panel. Here is the list of plugins that can be used for changing fonts on your WordPress website.
I recommend Easy Google Font plugins because it’s by Google and has many font options available. Now let’s see how you will change the font using this plugin.
- Login to the admin panel in WordPress.
- Go to the plugins – click on add new.
- Search the ‘Google Font‘ and install the plugin and activate it.
- After that, go to customize and hit refresh; you will see a new element Google Fonts.
- Click on Google fonts and click on the basic font to change the whole font; if you want to change the heading font, you can select the heading font option.
- Select the best font and click on publish button to save the changes.
- Now you will see the selected font on your website after refreshing it once.
There are many other plugins for fonts, and You can also install try it out for different and creative fonts.
Bonus tip: You can also use type wolf tools that recommend the best suitable font for your website.
I hope you will be able to change your site’s font easily with these methods. However, keep in mind that some fonts can affect your page loading speed which will directly affect the rankings or SEO of your website. So select the font which takes less time to load; you can also use color, lines to highlight the words instant of different fonts.